my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

Still Going



Another day and i'm still going strong.  i'm feeling more confident everyday, with who i am and with what i'm doing. Of course, i only have to please myself and my kids now and it's easy to see that i am.  i get satisfaction hearing them laugh and playing and joking with them.  Everyday is a success when that happens.

i made it to day number 3 of walking my mile.  Yeah, me! Also, my youngest has been following me on my loop most of the time and that's always fun, not to mention the benefit of the sun time.  i went to a fish market today and got some lovely tuna for sushi and attempted to make my first homemade sushi...can we say FAIL!!  Yes, my sticky rice decided to stick to everything...but itself; however, it still tasted good.  It was some awesome tuna.

My walks have become a good time for self reflections and i'm thinking of taking my digital voice recorder with me and start recording my thoughts.  i think some of it would make great blog posts on why i was feeling the way i was, and why this step was probably the best thing that we could have done.  Maybe it will be able to help someone else that is where i was...and hopefully they wont have to take such steps to get themselves back on the right track.  But my thoughts are still forming on that one, so it's going to have to wait just a tad longer in the brain development stage.

P.S. i actually folded the laundry too....hey i tell ya it's the small victories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment