my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

Get Off Your Ass!



 This morning i was tired...like really really tired, and i really didnt want to go for my walk.  Hell, i didnt even want to get out of bed.  It took about 30 minutes of arguing with myself for me to get up and get dressed.  i knew that if i slacked off today, then it would be easier to slack off tomorrow.  Did i want to, maybe not at the moment; am i glad now that i did...hell yes! But it wasnt easy this morning to do it, it's cold outside, i was super tired and really who would care if i didnt.  But, if i didnt then my streak would be over and i was doing so well. So i did get up and i put one foot in front of the other and i did it.

So often though, we do choose to NOT do the thing that we dont want to do, and often we regret that we didnt do it. We procrastinate and make excuses...but ultimately, we are just flat lazy.  We know we should do something, be it spend time with someone, workout, write or a plethora of other endeavors.  Instead of getting up off of our asses and do it, we sit back and watch as our world crumbles and then wonder why.

Sometimes you need to take control of your life and refuse to accept any laziness.  Be persistent, be vigilant...and get off your ass and just do it.



To post a comment you have to hit tab to get the captcha thing...dont know why that's just the way it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment