my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

Look Around



Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the negative things around us that we forget to take a look around and see all the blessings that surround us.  i've been taking a look at my life a lot lately; my walks have been really good for that. 

Today i actually took my MP3 player with me and walked to some music.  One of the songs was called Look Around; it's a song that's never failed to lift my mood and give me a different perspective on where i am.  As i was listening to it, the sun was setting here in florida...a dazzling display of reds, oranges, pinks, purples, and blues and my oldest was walking beside me talking a mile a minute...and fulling teasing me because i "couldn't" hear him.  He is laughing...and taking a line off of the verison dude saying "can ya hear me now" at the top of his lungs.  People were just getting home from work and walking their dogs, looking at us like we are crazy; and i'm just walking along laughing. It was a wonderful moment.  i did take a look around...and i was truly blessed.

In a year or two, these troubles that i am having now will be in the past.  Just another reflection of something i overcame.  Who knows what i will be doing or who i will be with.  The doors are wide open now.  my life is out there, i just need to be brave enough to walk through some more doors.

This song...isnt the one that i was talking about...but it's on the same album and well...just as fitting. Enjoy!

To post a comment you have to hit tab to get the captcha thing...dont know why that's just the way it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment