my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

A Day In The Life



Oh what a day. i was so warm and cozy in my bed that i truly did not want to get out of bed this morning. Alas, the oldest must get ready for school.  Open the door to the bedroom and what do i find but the door to the hamster cage open, and sure enough, one of the hamster has gotten loose.  And so the day begins with the hamster great escape part 2.

So we start getting the oldest ready for school; not an easy task as it's his hamster that's on the loose.  i'm trying to get the youngest to start cleaning up the room so i can move furniture to find the little rodent.  Even on a good day, it usually takes the youngest 2 to 3 days to finally clean his room getting him to clean it today was going to be a monumental task. However, getting the room clean is a must; the little escapee must be found before the great furry hunters find it...ie, the cats.

Well, with about half the room clean; i went and looked in the closet as that's where the little fuzzball was the first time, and sure enough there was the little bugger. After about 4 minutes of chasing the little sucker around it was finally secured in its cage once again. And the youngest continued to clean his room, under the threat of no lunch until it was done.

While, he was working on that, i got the kitchen clean, clothes in the wash, wrote a blog post, and completed my 2 mile walk. Yep, that's right folks, i'm up to walking 2 miles a day now.  i SO rock.

For a good part of the day, i worked on my blog.  my prior blog template was having some major issues with people not being able to leave comments.  It was very annoying as well, i like having comments....So that just wouldnt do at all.  It took a few hours of messing around until i got it the way i like it, and i think i like it even better than the one that i had.

This evening was spent celebrating my oldest son's report card.  He got to pick dinner, chicken and french fries, and we had ice cream for dessert, Fudge Tracks. My son did so well on his report card, 16 outstandings and 12 satisfactories, but i think the part that i'm most proud of was in the teacher's comments.  His teacher said that she could always count on my son to make the right choices.  For me, i thought that was the highest compliment that a kid could get.

i may have completely failed as my Master's slave; but i am a good mother, and when all is said and done, i think that's more important anyway. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment