my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

Power in the Present




The Point of Power is Always in the Present Moment~The past is over and done and has no power over me. I can begin to be free in this moment. Today’s thoughts create my future. I am in charge. I now take my own power back. I am safe and I am free.~Louise L. Hay

Okay…first off, WOW. When I read that today I was just floored.  Based on my lifestyle choice and what I’m going through recently; this quote just strikes to the heart of matters.  One of the things I have been struggling with now is that I wasn’t sure how my past experience in the lifestyle was going to affect my views on starting a new one.  But I need to remember that as of this moment; I am in charge of how I form my next relationship. And that not every relationship is set up the same, even if it’s basic principals are similar.

The first time I jumped with complete trust that someone would make sure I landed okay.  I was totally new to everything so I couldn’t see the bottom.  I just trusted and jumped.  Well, that wasn’t the case and it didn’t work.  However, I’m not new anymore.  I know what the bottom should look like and I know where to shine the light and see things for what they really are.

I don’t need to be afraid of the past anymore. I know where to look. I know how they shouldn’t be and I know how they can be.  I’ve seen the good and felt the bad.  I have been made stronger for it.  My strength is in my present.  The past is my foundation…and I can light my way to the future.

It may seem like a contradiction for a submissive to feel empowered…honestly, I don’t know. I am just me.  And for right now, I am the one that’s shaping my destiny.  There is opportunity and power in the present and I cant let the past hold me back, or make me afraid of walking through some doors which maybe a tad frightening right now.

The present is mine to make the most of and there is nothing I can do about the past.  Not a lot I can do about the future either…the only thing I can control is the present.  And I plan on not regretting a second of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment