my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

Radiate Serenity and Peace




Radiate Serenity and Peace~Radiate an energy of serenity and peace so that you have an uplifting effect on those you come into contact with. Your presence will make others feel calm and assured. ~Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

This is something that I wholeheartedly agree with.  It is one of the things that I work on in my daily life. Trying to maintain and aura of serenity and peace is a challenge, and some days it’s easier to maintain than others.  However, I believe that peace in mind brings peace in the body. 

I really believe it’s important to maintain that serenity and peace within the home.  It helps bring comfort not only to yourself but to others as well, and is especially important when children are in the mix, and even more of a challenge then.  A home should be a refuge from the outside stresses of the world.  It should be a sanctuary for the mind and soul.

Bringing that serenity and peace to the home builds a foundation of comfort and trust to the home.  A place where ideas and concerns are freely discussed and dealt with, before harboring tensions can tear it down.  That foundation only grows stronger as the positive feelings and emotions increase.

It’s not easy, as we all have a tendency to want to defend or lash out from time to time.  It seems to be that our general nature is to be confrontational.  We feel that if we aren’t standing up for something we are nothing more than a doormat for others.  But, I think it’s important to look at what the real goal is for any confrontation.  Will it ultimately increase the serenity of the mind, or is it nothing more than conflict for the sake of conflict.  Sometimes, it’s best to let something go simply because the ultimate result is not peace of mind…but conflict merely to prove one is right..in an argument where there is no right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment