my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

It's Only A Thought, And A Thought Can Be Changed




It’s only a thought, and a thought can be changed.~I am not limited by any past thinking. I choose my thoughts with care. I constantly have new insights and new ways of looking at my world. I am willing to change and grow.~Louise L Hay

I’m having troubles with my thoughts today…and last night. I actually had my first anxiety attack in over 2 weeks.  My thoughts just wouldn’t let go of the past, but then again…it was the fact that I need to confront the past…to forgive and move forward with my life that’s the problem.  To confront it means that to a certain point I need to relive it and well that scares me.  But it’s something that I really feel I need to speak and say in person, to truly own those emotions and feelings and then let them go.

Although I try to be joyful and accepting of life most of the time, I do have trouble doing it some days.  Today, I think it’s about taking care of unfinished business.  Closing a dark chapter in my life and moving on from it.  Moving on, is not always easy and there will be set backs…today is just one of those difficult days.  And it’s important to change my thinking today.  Instead of facing this with fear, I need to turn it into thoughts of opportunity and growth.  Confrontation and closing doors is not always a bad thing.  Opportunities abound when one changes direction…both in thought and in deed.

2 comments:

TinyShrimp said...

*HUGS* Moving forward isn't always easy, but sometimes it's necessary *HUGS*

aislinn said...

that it is...and thankfully, i'm moving forward with the support of some wonderful friends *hugs*

Post a Comment