my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

Why So Negative



How do you want to present yourself?  I’ve been reading a lot on a social site.  I haven’t decided yet if I really want to participate or not.  Mostly from what I read, it’s a place to just dog on other people.  Maybe a way for someone to get their point across to others in a ‘public’ venue and thus a passive aggressive way of dealing with frustrations and hurts, the result is making the place an uninviting place where most are just putting themselves up as elitists and I’m better than anyone else.  Contrary to what some make think…reading about and replying to other people’s bitches is not how I want to spend my time.  There is a lot to be said for “if you cant say something nice don’t say it at all”.

I do have good friends on the site and I would love to interact with them more there, but I have a hard time wanting to open up my life somewhere I feel has a negative atmosphere. I realize life is not always happy and good, but it doesn’t always have to be some combative and challenging either. 

There are people I just don’t enjoy talking to..doesnt mean that I don’t like them…just talking to them is difficult.  Somehow they can twist words and actions around to the WORST thing possible.  Making a simple conversation into something more, and making every conversation a battle of what do I say and what don’t I say.  It’s a damned if you do and damned if you don’t situation.  It’s exhausting.  It drains all your positive energy and so I do my best to interact with these people as little as possible.

What drives me nuts is that they don’t see what they are doing.  They don’t see the weight and extra hardships that they put on their interactions with people close to them.  I have friends that hang around these draining people.  I can see the impact they have on my friends.  It’s hard to watch but there isn’t a lot that I can do about it…other than limit my time with them when they are around these people.

So anyway, my choice for now is to hang back and watch the site from a distance.  Hopefully, the feel and attitude of the site will change and I will feel more welcome in participating.  For now, it has a feel that I’m just not comfortable with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment