my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

I See Clearly



I willingly forgive.  I breathe love into my vision, and I see with compassion and understanding.  My clear insight is reflected in my outer sight. ~Louise L. Hay

Sometimes, we want to rail against someone.  Whether for perceived wrongs or justified ones; it’s human nature to want to defend oneself.  I think that’s why they say that to forgive is divine.  Sometimes it’s something easier said than done.  But if you truly take a step back and look, you can find that compassion within your heart and understand, and once that understanding fills your heart you can forgive.

If you look for the beauty in people and let that stay the vision of them then you will look on the world with joy in your heart.  That’s not to say there still won’t be issues, far from it.  When two people look at the world differently…there truly are two visions of the world…from the biggest change…to the smallest of conversations.  No two people experience the same thing the same way.  It all depends on the people involved and how they choose to view things.

Yes, how you view things is a choice and one personal to the one viewing them.  I certainly know that there is at least one person that every time I leave an interaction where there was some laughter…maybe even tears…I feel that it was an overall positive conversation…only to later find that the other one didn’t view it that way.  It’s frustrating, but that’s just the difference on how we view things and the things within the conversation that we choose to remember.

I choose to remember the more positive aspects of the conversation…even if it’s only a small grain to hold to…it’s that..i will remember.  That she is happy and well. That’s a good thing.  Moving forward and growing, that’s all we can hope for and strive for…everyday.  And honestly, I think that I would like to think of it as a positive experience. 

1 comments:

alex said...

It is funny that you write this today - some time ago I was an angry bitter woman, I blamed the world and everyone for everything. It was only when I let go - learned to forgive, not necessarily accept but to forgive - I could move on. One of my oldest friends says of letting go of negative behaviors, or people - "Bless it and move on". It really is all one can do.

We all think differently - but it is never a reason to try to force others in any manner. There is no one right way... it just sounds like this person you speak of is controlling in a not so good way - and only trying to drag you down.

You are so angelic for taking positive away from all situations. I try to model myself in that manner as well - and you have been an inspiration.

Perspective is a perplexing creature... there is unfortunately no manual and human nature sometimes wrecks havoc on beauty. Don't let it phase you tho hon. Just skip away singing!

When your heart and soul are filled with love and light, life is so much richer...

alex

Post a Comment