my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

Careful How You View Others



Persistently viewing others as dishonest, lazy, sinful, and ignorant can be a way of compensating for something you fear.  If there’s a pattern of seeing others as failures, you need to notice this pattern as evidence of what you’re attracting into your life. ~Dr. Dwayne Dyer

It truly amazes me how often people will look for the bad in others rather than the good.  I have watched as someone has looked for and found every perceivable flaw.  The end result only bringing drama and trials to their life when it wasn’t necessary.  And I’ve noticed that the patterns do in fact model their lives as well.  The exact same thing that they point out in others…is something that they themselves DO.

I think of all the wasted energy and it almost makes me want to pull all my hair out.  I know how much better and less stressful it is…to not always look for the bad in people.  Is this naïve? Maybe, maybe not, but it also puts me in tune with life.  I don’t have the barriers to experience the good things in life…unfortunately; I don’t have the barriers to keep out the bad either.  But the good outweighs the bad, and I’ve noticed that having those barriers up only increases the negative experiences.

Watch how you view people, if you are consistently viewing people in a negative light, you could be bringing more heartache and stress into your life than necessary.  Lighten up…live…laugh…love.  Life is meant to be lived with a full heart.  Not shrouded in the negativity of fear.

1 comments:

alex said...

I see judgmental so many times, even guilty of it myself. What I have learned is that sometimes - what one is thinking or saying about others is a reflection of their own feelings of inadequacy. Only when the darkness is banished is it really possible to find balance. I mean we all have a dark side - the thing of it is, it doesn't have to consume us with negativity - we can creatively use it to oh - I don't know, titillatingly torment some unknowing friend ;)

People just do not realize that the negativity only limits them.

Most amazing post Aislinn - your wisdom is so beyond your physical age.

Live, Laugh, Love indeed! Laughter is the music of the universe ;)


alex

Post a Comment