my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

Quiet Grace



God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

There is something to be said for the ability to maintain a state of grace in turbulent and trying times. It is something that i try very hard to maintain as i feel that that's my job as my Master's slave. The world is a trying and turbulent place, it's my place to maintain a peaceful atmosphere for my Master to rest and recharge His batteries. One of the ways that i try to do this is to leave petty issues behind me. Holding on to the stress of the day myself will only create an atmosphere of tension which doesn't need to be in the home. The home should be a sanctuary from the pressures and turbulence of the outside world. A place to relax and be one's self.

Fostering a quiet grace is not easy. There are times when one wants to be petty, when things get to you that really shouldnt. Things that you know you should just let go but can't. It's at those times when it's good to reflect on the things to stop and mediate; find that quiet place within yourself.

Just because a Master is suppose to have His emotions under control, doesn't mean that it's something that should be tested. my job is to make things easier for my Master...and that includes not being a drain on His emotional and physical health. i always try to be a blessing and not a burden. And if you are feeling as though you are a burden, look inward and reflect, change how you are so that you can become that blessing in your Master's life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment