my Sanctuary

welcome

Welcome to my sanctuary. This is a place for me to share the ups and downs of my life as a mother, woman, friend, and subbie. To revel in the triumphs and work through the difficult parts, but to always be me...the good...the bad...and the playful.

Personal Responsiblity



There is something to be said about taking personal responsibility for ones actions.  Maybe it's the times we live in or the society that is being promoted...that it's always someone else's fault.  i'm unhappy because of the actions of **insert name here**.  i am the way that i am because of *my parents...my boyfriend...my ex...my boss*.  Excuse after excuse is used to justify bad behavior.  Anything and anyone is to blame for their problems...it's not their fault.  What's worse is when people make excuses for them as well.  All that does is let that person know that it's okay to always blame someone else for their situation, when the truth is...we are all individually responsible for the place we are in our lives.  Take some responsibility for your actions...and with that comes accountability.


If there is not personal responsibility then one doesn't accept that they are accountable for their actions.  And the endless victim mindset and cycle begins.  How to you change behavior if someone isn't taking responsibility for their actions.  How do you hold them accountable in a meaningful way.  How do you stop the "it's so and so's fault" syndrome.

i try my best to teach my children that they are responsible for their actions...NO matter what the underlying reason for the action.  Two wrongs DON'T make a right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment